Balmer Lawrie Investment Ltd

Balmer Lawrie Investment Ltd

₹ 677 0.49%
12 Apr 4:01 p.m.
About

Balmer Lawrie Investments Ltd is a Government Enterprise. It’s a major stakeholder of Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd. The company along with its subsidiaries is engaged in the business of Industrial Packaging, Greases & Lubricants, Leather Chemicals, etc. [1]

Key Points

Revenue Breakup
In FY21, dividend income from non-current investments accounted for ~91% of revenues and interest income from FDs accounted for the rest ~9% of revenues on standalone basis.[1]

  • Market Cap 1,503 Cr.
  • Current Price 677
  • High / Low 811 / 368
  • Stock P/E 10.1
  • Book Value 526
  • Dividend Yield 4.89 %
  • ROCE 12.9 %
  • ROE 9.90 %
  • Face Value 10.0

Pros

  • Company has been maintaining a healthy dividend payout of 82.4%

Cons

  • Company has a low return on equity of 8.33% over last 3 years.
  • Earnings include an other income of Rs.114 Cr.

* The pros and cons are machine generated. Pros / cons are based on a checklist to highlight important points. Please exercise caution and do your own analysis.

Peer comparison

Sector: Finance Industry: Finance & Investments

Loading peers table ...

Quarterly Results

Consolidated Figures in Rs. Crores / View Standalone

Dec 2020 Mar 2021 Jun 2021 Sep 2021 Dec 2021 Mar 2022 Jun 2022 Sep 2022 Dec 2022 Mar 2023 Jun 2023 Sep 2023 Dec 2023
389 500 488 490 506 577 649 553 516 610 594 587 587
364 436 450 457 470 518 587 513 464 556 528 511 511
Operating Profit 25 64 37 34 37 58 62 40 52 55 67 77 76
OPM % 6% 13% 8% 7% 7% 10% 10% 7% 10% 9% 11% 13% 13%
20 53 25 18 14 33 24 24 15 35 24 28 27
Interest 2 3 4 3 4 3 5 4 5 5 6 5 5
Depreciation 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 15 14 14
Profit before tax 29 100 44 35 33 74 68 46 47 70 70 85 83
Tax % 35% 24% 18% 22% 17% 36% 17% 24% 22% 38% 18% 25% 19%
19 75 36 27 27 47 56 35 37 44 57 64 68
EPS in Rs 5.86 21.52 10.48 7.94 7.96 13.50 16.01 10.24 11.00 12.73 16.61 18.34 19.38
Raw PDF

Profit & Loss

Consolidated Figures in Rs. Crores / View Standalone

Mar 2019 Mar 2020 Mar 2021 Mar 2022 Mar 2023 TTM
1,817 1,573 1,563 2,074 2,335 2,379
1,547 1,347 1,413 1,883 2,110 2,106
Operating Profit 270 226 150 191 225 274
OPM % 15% 14% 10% 9% 10% 12%
58 59 79 65 81 114
Interest 7 15 12 14 18 21
Depreciation 30 52 55 57 57 58
Profit before tax 290 218 162 186 232 309
Tax % 30% 26% 26% 26% 26%
202 161 121 137 172 233
EPS in Rs 57.91 47.63 35.92 39.75 49.97 67.06
Dividend Payout % 59% 79% 106% 75% 66%
Compounded Sales Growth
10 Years: %
5 Years: %
3 Years: 14%
TTM: 4%
Compounded Profit Growth
10 Years: %
5 Years: %
3 Years: 1%
TTM: 32%
Stock Price CAGR
10 Years: 13%
5 Years: 12%
3 Years: 14%
1 Year: 81%
Return on Equity
10 Years: %
5 Years: %
3 Years: 8%
Last Year: 10%

Balance Sheet

Consolidated Figures in Rs. Crores / View Standalone

Mar 2019 Mar 2020 Mar 2021 Mar 2022 Mar 2023 Sep 2023
Equity Capital 22 22 22 22 22 22
Reserves 1,052 1,081 1,076 1,094 1,090 1,145
81 122 125 122 121 127
1,266 1,256 1,304 1,340 1,568 1,587
Total Liabilities 2,420 2,482 2,527 2,578 2,801 2,882
568 770 767 767 760 745
CWIP 117 24 32 11 28 43
Investments 325 375 386 436 518 540
1,410 1,313 1,341 1,364 1,495 1,554
Total Assets 2,420 2,482 2,527 2,578 2,801 2,882

Cash Flows

Consolidated Figures in Rs. Crores / View Standalone

Mar 2019 Mar 2020 Mar 2021 Mar 2022 Mar 2023
177 187 247 23 206
-137 -60 -80 137 -48
-61 -159 -153 -148 -145
Net Cash Flow -21 -32 14 12 13

Ratios

Consolidated Figures in Rs. Crores / View Standalone

Mar 2019 Mar 2020 Mar 2021 Mar 2022 Mar 2023
Debtor Days 56 63 67 55 56
Inventory Days 47 58 58 51 47
Days Payable 0 88 99 68 69
Cash Conversion Cycle 102 33 27 38 35
Working Capital Days 42 51 32 51 42
ROCE % 13% 9% 11% 13%

Shareholding Pattern

Numbers in percentages

Mar 2021Jun 2021Sep 2021Dec 2021Mar 2022Jun 2022Sep 2022Dec 2022Mar 2023Jun 2023Sep 2023Dec 2023
59.67% 59.67% 59.67% 59.67% 59.67% 59.67% 59.67% 59.67% 59.67% 59.67% 59.67% 59.67%
5.73% 5.81% 4.55% 4.27% 3.35% 1.25% 0.67% 0.66% 0.32% 0.38% 0.68% 0.82%
0.15% 0.14% 0.15% 0.14% 0.15% 0.14% 0.14% 0.14% 0.14% 0.14% 0.14% 0.14%
34.45% 34.38% 35.63% 35.91% 36.83% 38.93% 39.51% 39.51% 39.87% 39.81% 39.51% 39.37%
No. of Shareholders 13,16013,49518,34518,34820,10621,53723,57223,21723,26523,35926,51423,794

* The classifications might have changed from Sep'2022 onwards. The new XBRL format added more details from Sep'22 onwards.

Classifications such as banks and foreign portfolio investors were not available earlier. The sudden changes in FII or DII can be because of these changes.

Click on the line-items to see the names of individual entities.

Documents